2014 • The University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) // BFA - Photography
Selected Exhibitions ( *Juried Exhibition )
*2019 • Miami Street Photography Festival (Miami, FL + Milan, Italy) // Finalist
*2019 • Aussie Street: International Street Photography Competition (Sydney, Australia) // Finalist
2019 • Exposed DC: Crystal City Fotowalk - U.S. Roadtrip (Crystal City, VA) // Group Exhibition
2018 • StreetMeetDC // 1325 Rhode Island Ave. Lot (Washington, D.C.) // Group Exhibition
2018 • StopMotion DC Vol. 2 // The Colony Club (Washington, D.C.) // Group Exhibition
2017 • I'm In Heaven // Heaven Art Gallery (Scottsdale, AZ) // Contest & Exhibit
2015 • Singular Sensations // Columbia Art Center (Columbia, MD) // Group Show
2014 • Sub/Liminal // University of Arizona Student Union Gallery (Tucson, AZ) // Group Show
2014 • Spring Exhibition // Kachina Gallery (Tucson, AZ) // Group Show
2013 • Studies in Silver - Land :: Forms // University of Arizona Student Union Gallery (Tucson, AZ) // Two-person Exhibition
2013 • One Night Stand // Steinfeld Warehouse Community Arts Center (Tucson, AZ) // Group Show
*2013 • Curious Camera Competition // Photographic Works Gallery (Tucson, AZ) // Group Show
2013 • Bad Infinity // Heap Collective (Tucson, AZ) // Group Show
Selected Work Experience (& Clients)
2018 • MacGillivray Freeman Films: "Into America's Wild" - IMAX Documentary (South Toe, NC) // Photographer
2017 • Under Armour + Splashlight (Baltimore, MD) // Photographer & Digital Technician
2017 • George Street Photography (Baltimore, MD) // Wedding Photographer
2017 • MacGillivray Freeman Films: "We, The Marines" - IMAX Documentary (Twentynine Palms, CA) // Photographer
2017 • MacGillivray Freeman Films: "America's Treasures" - IMAX Documentary (Detroit, MI) // Photographer
2017 • UVS InfoTech LLC, (Laurel, MD) // Corporate Portrait Photographer
2016 • Jensen Hughes, Inc: Headquarters (Baltimore, MD) // Traveling Corporate Portrait Photographer
2015 • MacGillivray Freeman Films: "National Parks Adventure" - IMAX Documentary (Washington, D.C.) // Photographer
2014 • The Horvath Group Productions: Surfing Chef - Television (Oahu, HI) // Photographer
2014 • Lionel Rombach Gallery (Tucson, AZ) // Gallery Supervisor
2014 • Joseph Gross Gallery (Tucson, AZ) // Gallery Supervisor
2014 • Todd Walker Gallery (Tucson, AZ) // Curator & Marketing
2014 • Greenscape Laboratories Inc. (Pensacola, FL) // Logo Designer
2014 • University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) // Darkroom Technician
2014 • University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) // Light Studio & Equipment Manager
2012 • National Family Resiliency Center, Inc. (Columbia, MD) // Portrait Photographer
2012 • Phat Entertainment Productions (Tucson, AZ) // On/Off-Stage Photographer/Videographer & Editor
2018 • The Uncommon District // Documenting Black Lives Matter Protests (Online Publication) 6/12/20
2018 • Miami Street Photography Festival 2019 // Finalists Book (Printed Publication)
2018 • MacGillivray Freeman's America's Musical Journey (IMAX Documentary Companion Book)
2016 • Landscapes: Photographs of America 2014-2016 (Self-published Book)
2016 • Luna Bella Documentary (Self-published Documentary Book)
2016 • MacGillivray Freeman's National Parks Adventure (IMAX Documentary Companion Book)
2016 • Grolsch Canvas Artist Interview // 35mm Fun: Ryan Madison (Online Publication)
2015 • Surf & Adventure // The Surfing Chef: Steve Gellas (Online Publication)
2015 • The Washington Post // Wanted: Tourists From Abroad (Printed Publication) [4/16/15 - p.20]
Awards & Honors
2019 • Aussie Street - International Street Photography Competition // Finalist
2015 • LensCulture - Street Photography // Honorable Mention
2013 • The University of Arizona - D.P. Studio (Tucson, AZ) // Display Winner
2014 • The University of Arizona - Spring Semester (GPA 3.6) // Dean's List
2013 • The University of Arizona - Fall Semester (GPA 3.6) // Dean's List
2018 • D.C. Street Photography Collective (Washington, D.C.) // Founder
2014 • University of Arizona Photo Society: UAPS (Tucson, AZ) // Member
2016 • Feed City Artist Collective // Contributor
• Adobe Lightroom • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator • Adobe Premiere • Final Cut Pro X • Word • Powerpoint • SilverFast Studio • CaptureOne • Adobe Premier • Wix • Large/Small Format Digital Printing
• Epson Printer Cleaning and General Maintenance
To utilize my creative & problem-solving skills in photography, photo editing, videography, social media, event management, marketing, and design to help an organization successfully communicate its story, connect with key stakeholders, and achieve its growth objectives.
Summary of Professional Work Experience & Freelance Photography
Corporate Portrait Photographer:
Jensen Hughes, Inc., Baltimore, MD (2016 - Present)
• Travel to offices worldwide, including The United States, Canada, Asia, and Europe.
• Create corporate portraits, as well as candids of Jensen Hughes employees for internal and external communications.
UVS InfoTech, Laurel, MD (2017)
• Travel to office location(s).
• Create corporate portraits and group shots of UVS employees for internal and external communications.
MacGillivray Freeman Films: IMAX (2015 - Present)
• Documented the production of giant-screen films such as, "America's Musical Journey" and "National Parks Adventure," with award-winning filmmaker MacGillivray Freeman Films for use on a variety of marketing platforms. Assisted director of photography and crew in all aspects of filming and produced marketing photographs.
• The film: "National Parks Adventure," narrated by Robert Redford, will be released globally to IMAX® theatres and other giant-screen cinemas in February 2016.
• The film: "We, The Marines," narrated by Gene Hackman, released globally to IMAX® theatres and other giant-screen cinemas in 2017. Made exclusively for the National Museum for the Marine Corps in Prince William County, Virginia.
• The film: "America's Musical Journey," narrated by Morgan Freeman will be released globally to IMAX® theaters and other giant-screen cinemas in February 2018.
Real Estate Photographer/Videographer:
OBEO, Inc., Baltimore/Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area (2007 - Present)
• Work directly with real estate companies, realtors, and homeowners as a photographer for OBEO, Inc.
• Schedule photo shoots directly with Realtors and/or homeowners to photograph exteriors and interiors of homes to be listed for sale.
• Edit final shots, and create panoramic stitched images for virtual tours. Upload completed work to corporate websites.
Videographer/Editor & Graphic Designer, The Cary Group, Inc., MD, VA, D.C. (2016 - Present)
• Create aerial and interior photo+videos of real estate and edit promotional videos+photos. Showcase certain selling points of particular homes for realtors and homeowners.
• Freelance logo design for sister company: Artography LLC.
Freelance Wedding Photographer (2015 - Present)
• Clients from various states across The United States via Ryan-Madison, LLC.
• George Street photo & video.
The Horvath Group (2014)
• Documented the filming in Hawaii for a television series entitled The Surfing Chef aimed to be on Scripps Network Interactive (Travel Channel, Food Channel, Discovery Channel, etc.)
Concert/Event Photographer & Videographer:
PHAT Entertainment Productions (P.Ent.), Tucson, AZ (2007 to 2015)
• Covered live music events for Phat Entertainment Productions—photographing and capturing video of performers on and off stage, as well as the venue, and audience.
• Provided photography, video, digital marketing assets for Phat Entertainment Productions’ marketing efforts.
Jensen Hughes, Inc., Baltimore, MD (2016 - Present)
• Covered Baltimore & Las Vegas of corporate events. Edited and uploaded images to Vice President of Marketing.
Summary of Marketing Communications Experience
The Todd Walker Gallery (2013 - 2014)
• Created, maintained, and promoted much-needed undergrad & graduate photo gallery in the photo section of the art building at the University of Arizona
• Writing and editing, advertising, digital marketing, events, speeches, and presentations. Wrote press releases for photography exhibitions and successfully pitched stories to local news. Promoted gallery
opening through direct email communications, digital marketing, and designing and creating promotional postcards.
• Wrote copy for gallery publications, including curatorial statements, artist profiles, statements, and descriptions of works on display and analyses of featured artists’ works.
• Planned and promoted events, including catering, presenting at gallery openings–welcoming guests and presenting artists and their works.
Website and Graphic Design:
Ryan-Madison, LLC (2016)
• Designed, wrote, and managed website showcasing and promoting my professional photography marketing myself as a “Jack-of-all-trades” style photographer and artist. Work ranges from painting, graphic design, videography, photography & more.
• Created clean modern text-based logo shown at the beginning of this resume.
Artography, LLC (2016)
• Created a hybrid text and image-based logo for real estate photography company.
Greenscape Laboratories (2013)
• Created a text-image-hybrid corporate logo for a publicly traded company that tests consumable products for both chemical and foreign contaminants.
Volunteer & Other Work Experience
Luna Bella Italian Restaurant, Columbia, MD (2014 - 2016)
• Ensure highest possible satisfaction for guests and revenue contribution to the restaurant by greeting and welcoming guests, promoting evening specials, and providing efficient, friendly, and accurate service. Have maintained a 100% satisfaction rating by quickly and effectively handling customer issues. Continue to build customer loyalty and earn repeat business by consistently creating a positive dining experience. Offer recommendations to restaurant ownership and management resulting in increased accuracy of orders, strong revenue management, as well as proficiency.
Volunteer Photographer & Peer Counselor:
National Family Resiliency Center, Columbia, MD (2014 - 2016)
• Created portraits in photojournalistic style for a national nonprofit organization, The National Family Resiliency Center (for families affected by separation and divorce).
Social Media & Software
Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat
Software: Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs, and Macintosh proficiencies
2014 • The University of Arizona: BFA Photography – Tucson, AZ
English - Proficiency: Native
Italian - Proficiency: Advanced